Memphis, located along the Mississippi River in southwest Tennessee, is known for its history, music and food. Walking along Beale Street, you’ll hear the Blues, jazz and rock ‘n’ roll play loudly and proudly with people dancing on the streets or inside of the clubs. On every corner, you will find restaurants filled with delicious southern barbecue and soul food. And you’ll never go wrong with seeing one of the world’s top tourists spots, Elvis Presley mansion or the Civil Rights Museum. Check out our Top 5 Things to Do in Memphis and add your favorites to your BUCKiTLIST today.
1. Visit the National Civil Rights Museum located at the Lorraine Motel which is the assassination site of Martin Luther King. The museum tour is a very special experience that takes visitors through centuries of history in a matter of two hours. It begins within the original Lorraine Motel structure and continue through the Legacy exhibits within the Young & Morrow and Boarding House buildings across Mulberry Street.
2. Explore Graceland, the luxurious mansion in Memphis, TN and the former home and estate of Elvis Presley, a rock and roll music legend. It is currently a museum and opened for public tour. If you’re an Elvis Presley fan, you must tour Graceland. It is one of the most popular attractions for visitors coming into Memphis and the world’s most famous rock ‘n’ roll residence.
3. Watch a basketball game or concert at the FedExForum. The FedExForum is a premier entertainment arena located in downtown Memphis, Tennessee. It is the home of the Memphis Grizzlies NBA team and the NCAA Division I men’s basketball team of the University of Memphis. It host many concerts like Bruno Mars & Beyonce to kids events like Disney on Ice. There is always something going on inside this arena so no matter when you come, you should check out their website to see what event is best for you to check out.
4. Order a Supreme at Jerry’s Sno Cones. If you read that correctly, you probably are wondering what the heck is a supreme. Well, at Jerry’s Sno Cones, every order for a snow cone is followed up with a one-word question: “Supreme?” And when they ask you, would you like to make it a supreme, you might say yes, because it sounds like the very best, the supreme? But, then you’ll get your snow cone and wonder what this big swirl of soft-serve ice cream is doing on your snow cone…Let’s just say, it is what makes customers stand in line for 1-3 hours to get a order of Jerry Sno Cones. Try it & tell us what you think.
5. Eat Barbeque & Then Party on Beale Street. Beale Street was voted the most iconic street in America by USA Today! Why?Well for starters it has three blocks of nightclubs, restaurants and shops. And it is known as the melting pot of music like delta blues, jazz, rock ‘n’ roll, R&B and gospel. It is known to be the place where BB Kings was discovered and other great legends. Don’t leave Memphis without stopping by Beale for a cold beer and hot music. It seriously is one of the coolest places.
Loving Memphis like we are? If so, log into your BUCKITDREAM app today and add Memphis to your BUCKiTLIST today and don’t forget to choose some of your favorites from above to add to your experience.