There is nothing more fun and relaxing than a going to the beach. Taking a vacation to a beach location can strip away the stresses of life and reset your spiritual clock. The feel of your feet in the grains of sand, the salt dried on your skin and hair, the sound of water and waves splashing and crashing, being in tune with cosmic forces as your observe and learn the tides, and mucking around in the water with friends and family. Yes, I can’t think of a better way to escape the trials of everyday life than a quick visit or a long vacation to a beach destination. Here is a selection of our favourite beaches from around the world!
2) Turtle Beach, Necker Island, British Virgin Islands– Most exclusive: Necker Island is a private island owned by our very own BUCKiTDREAMER Sir Richard Branson and can be rented for around £39,000 ($56,000USD) a night. Or you can be one of the 2 lucky people going to Necker Island because they won the BUCKiTDREAM VIP Dream Experience contest.
3) Banana Beach (Drummers Beach), Tel Aviv, Israel– Most musical: Banana Beach is famous for the large drum circles that form around sunset each day. People gather together with their bongo drums and play music. It is considered a very hip and laid-back beach where people like to play sports and socialize. We can’t wait to hear more about it from the BUCKiTDREAMER who won the Tel Aviv vacation contest!
4) Larvotto Beach, Monaco– Most glamorous: Considered one of the most glitziest stretches of sand (tiny smooth pebbles, actually) in the world. At Larvotto Beach, you just might be sunning next to royalty, film and sports stars, business moguls, models, and even mob bosses.
5) Grace Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos– Most relaxing: The white sand and turquoise water accompanied by all the modern conveniences, Grace Beach has been ranked as the world’s top beach by Condé Nast several years running. The beach is lined with luxury hotels, villas, restaurants and a world class golf course.
6) Matira Beach, Bora Bora, French Polynesia– Most romantic: Know as the most romantic island in the world, you can enjoy the privacy of the overwater bungalows, snorkelling and paddle-boarding right at your doorstep, sailing at sunset, or have dinner looking out over the lagoon. Bora Bora is one of the most shared dreams on the BUCKiTDREAM app.
7) North Shore Oahu, Hawaii, USA– Most extreme surf: Known for its thick golden sand and perfect waves, the North Shore of Oahu attracts surfers from all over the world who want to test their skills in the massive waves that break over shallow sharp reefs. The tropical waters of Oahu also attract a huge array of aquatic life and you can see sea turtles, dugongs, whales, dolphins, sharks and much more.
8) Windansea, California, USA– Most laid back: Windansea is known as a locals beach in San Diego, and is between the big touristy beaches of La Jolla Shores Beach and Pacific Beach. It is beautiful, clean, and has a large shore break and outer reef break. Windansea houses a distinguished historical landmark called The Surf Shack at Windansea Beach that is covered in dried palm fronds. Famed writer Tom Wolfe wrote a story about the Windansea locals called, “The Pump House Gang.”
9) Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil– Most social: Known worldwide by the famous song, “The Girl from Ipanema,” Ipanema beach is located in an affluent area of Rio that is located next to the two mountains called the Dois Irmãos (Two Brothers). There are always circles of people playing football (soccer), volleyball, and footvolley, a locally invented sport that is a combination of volleyball and football.
10) Long Beach, Ko Phi Phi, Thailand– Most entertaining: Featured as the beach in the Leonardo DiCaprio film, “The Beach,” this is the quintessential Thailand beach and is one of the most famous destinations for scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and other marine recreational activities. It is also home to Thailand’s infamous Full Moon Parties.
What beaches do you have on your bucket list? If you have any suggestions or you feel we have left something out, let us know in the comment section below, and be sure to add it to your BUCKiTLIST on the BUCKiTDREAM app.